Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lake Catherine State Park

It's been awhile since I posted and there has been some big changes in our lives.  For those of you that don't know Brandon is going to school in Michigan for a year.  He started classes in April and is scheduled to graduate in February 2013.  I have stayed in Arkansas, it has been different living on my own but I'm trying to make the best of it.  To keep myself entertained I've been trying to take "field trips" on the weekends and travel around the state, most of the time I find things to do for free or low cost.  It dawned on me that these adventures would be a perfect blog topic this way I can share parts of the beautiful state of Arkansas with my friends and family that have not visited.  I'm going to start with my trip this weekend and on the weekends I decide to stay home I'll post some of my previous adventures.  

I recently have picked up the hiking bug so far the state parks I have visited have been free so I only have to pay for the gas it takes to get to these little gems.  This week I visited Lake Catherine State Park and completed the Dam Mountain Trail it is 4 1/2 mile and is rated "moderate."  http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/things-to-do/trails/search.aspx?parkid=2&parkView=true

It was a beautiful trail the first half was very rocky and once I crossed the "waterfall" (we're a little dry here in AR right now) it turned into a beautiful hike through pine/hardwood forest.  My reward for making it to the top of the mountain was a very close encounter with a deer.  The hike ended walking alongside the lake which always makes for beautiful pictures.  I would like to warn you that the pictures I have were taken with my phone as I currently do not have a digital camera.  












Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment